WE'RE HERE TO HELP!
You need answers and we've got them! Please read the following FAQs to see if one answers your question.
How do I register for a YCADA training course?
Here's how the general process should work:
- Click here to See All YCADA Courses.
- Click on the course you'd like to take, then click "Register & Pay for the Course".
- Fill out your email address. If you already have an Active account, the system will recognize your email and ask you to sign in. If you don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to create one.
- Fill out the billing info to pay for the course. The name you put in your billing info is for the person paying for the course. If that person is different than the person being certified, you will get a chance to put a different name for what you'll want on the certificate.
- Check your email. You should immediately receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the start the course. Make sure to press send/receive to update your email account for new emails and check your spam folder. If you didn't receive an email, you might have entered it with a typo.
- Click the link in the confirmation email and you'll be taken to the Active login page.
- Enter your login info. Use the same email address and password you registered with and you'll be taken to the Name Confirmation Page. (If you've already taken a YCADA course in the past, the system will only flash by the Name Confirmation Page and take you to the home page of the course you just registered for or are logging into.)
- Enter the name you want on your certificate. First name, last name, and the full name you want on the certificate. Fill this out correctly or your certificate for the course will be wrong and you can't change it yourself. If you did not get the chance to fill out your name (and/or you know the name is incorrect), contact us at email@example.com.
- Choose a group (region or organization) from the drop down when you get to the front page of the course. Then click on Chapter 1 or Intro.
- Fill out the User Information Forms. Before you begin, you'll be asked to fill out one more form with your organization, league/conference info, team name, etc. so we know which group you belong with. Once that's complete, you'll finally be ready to click on the Intro or Chapter 1 and get started!
Obviously, not everything in life works out perfectly as planned. But we'll get you through it. If you're still having trouble, do any of these look familiar?
I've registered and paid for a YCADA course, but I never got the confirmation email with a link to the course!
SCENARIO #1: It's in your spam folder. Check your junk mail or spam folder to make sure it didn't go there. It's coming from firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCENARIO #2: You typed your email address in wrong with a typo. Hey, it happens. If you never got the confirmation email and you don't remember what you typed, you'll need to email us to get it. Usually there's a letter missing, but we have to search our system for similar email addresses to figure out what you used to register. Email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you ASAP, no later than 48 hours on a weekday or sometime during Monday if you email us on a weekend. We'll tell you the email address you used and we'll correct your account and send you new instructions.
How do I know where to log into the course?
It depends, have you already started the course or is this your first time trying to log in? If you've already started taking a course, but can't remember how to get back to it...here's where you can find some shortcuts:
I can't remember my password.
Don't register for another account, this is an easy one. Who can remember all their internet passwords? We've been there. When you get to the login screen, click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link and the Active system will send you an email asking you to reset it. Make sure to follow through and push save/submit or the new one won't be saved. Then, go back to your confirmation email (or one of the shortcuts shown above) to try your login info again.
I got the confirmation email, but when I try to log in, it tells me I haven't paid or I can't get in.
Do NOT pay for the course again. The reason this is happening is because you are using the wrong email address to log in, have a popup blocker turned on in your internet settings or you aren't using the right password. Here's what you can try:
OPTION 1: You're using the wrong email address. Double check the email address you got the confirmation at...sometimes people forget they used their work email to register vs. their personal, etc.
OPTION 2: Turn Off Your Pop Up Blocker for:
- Google Chrome - Open Google Chrome. Go to the top right-hand corner of the screen and click on the button that looks like three lines. Click on "Settings". Scroll down to the link that says "Show Advanced Settings...". Under "Privacy", click "Content Settings". Scroll down to "Pop Ups." Click on "Manage Exceptions". In a new row add [*.]training.ycada.org to the list of exceptions for pop ups. Click 'Done" repeatedly until you close out of all the Settings windows.
- Internet Explorer - Open Internet Explorer. Go to the top right-hand corner of the screen and click on the button that looks like a Gear icon. Click "Internet Options". Under the "Privacy" tab, unclick the box that says "Turn on Pop-Up Blocker". Click "Apply" and then "Okay".
- Mozilla Firefox - Open FireFox. Go to the top right-hand corner of the screen and click on the button that looks like three lines. Click on "Options". Click on "Content". If you still want to block pop-ups, you can add YCADA training as an exception. Click "Exceptions". Under "Address of Website" enter "training.ycada.org" and click "Allow". Then click "Close" and then "Okay".
OPTION 3: Contact us. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, login info (username and password), phone number and the best time to reach you. We'll troubleshoot your account from here and/or give you a call back if needed. We don't want you to get frustrated. If you need technical support over the phone, we'll make it happen. Please allow 48 hours on a weekday to call you back or until sometime Monday if you contacted us on the weekend. Please try to register at least 2 weeks prior to any deadlines to allow time to complete the course. If you waited to register right before the price increase, we will have more customer emails to answer and wait times will be longer.
I typed my email address in wrong, but I know what I typed. Can I change it?
No, we'll need to help you. Email us with the email you think you typed and we'll try to verify your registration. Once we can tell that you paid for the course, we'll change the email on your account for you and send you new login instructions.
The system says I'm not able to register because I am under 18.
While YCADA does not request your age, it looks like you’ve registered for another event through Active where you were asked your age. You will not be able to make a purchase under this email account. You’ll need to use a different email account to register for this course. Gmail is a free, quick and easy platform to get a new email account.
I need to pay for a group of coaches. How do I do a Group Payment?
Unfortunately, YCADA does not currently have the option to process group payments through Active's current system. You can use the same credit card to pay for multiple course registrations, but you'll still need to register each coach individually with a unique email address for each one. The reason for this is because Active uses each coach's email address to track the courses they've taken, their progress on each quiz for every course, and to know what to put on their certificates. If you use the same email address for two people, the system will save the second person's progress over the first person's. We are working on a Group Payment feature for the future.
I don't own a credit card. How can I purchase this course?
A credit card is required to purchase this course, but the billing info doesn't have to be in your name. If you are a minor, please ask a parent or guardian to pay for the course. Other coaches have also purchased Visa gift cards to pay for the course or asked their association coordinators if they could send checks to them to pay in advance for the course. This is up to your local administrators, however, YCADA can only accept credit card payments for the course. We're sorry for any inconvenience, but this is consistent with how courses have been purchased in the past.
I accidentally registered for the wrong course. Can you apply it to the right course or give me a refund?
Yes we can, as long is you didn't take more than 1/3 of it. We’re sorry your correct choice was unclear. We'll verify that you paid for the wrong course, didn't go through more than 1/3 of it and then provide a refund within 1-2 business days. In the meantime, you may go ahead and purchase the correct course while you await your refund or wait until you receive it. You will receive an email when your refund is processed.
I put the wrong league (or team name, coaching role or region) in. How do I fix this?
You can correct your league and other info in the training system on your own. If you go to the following link, it will take you to log in and then to the page where you filled out your name, region, league, team name, etc. Fill that form out again completely and then click through to the course. It should then be corrected in the system.
How long can I access the course to reprint my certificate or review the chapters?
You get full access to the course until December 31st of the year in which you registered. Thus, if you registered for the course in 2016, you can access your certificate, videos, photos, your quiz results and any of the chapters until December 31, 2016. The course is set to expire at the end of the year because we need time to refresh it again for the new season once the new year starts. Please print out all certificates (and keep a digital copy by saving your screen as a PDF) so you always have your certificate on hand when you need it.
I completed one of the YCADA training courses, but I couldn't print my certificate.
That's okay. You can reprint it as long as your course hasn't expired yet. Here's how to reprint your certificate:
- Log back into your course from the YCADA website or your confirmation email.
- Enter your email address and password you used to register for your courses.
- Once you're to the front page of the course, click the "Results/Certificate" button under the chapters.
- Scroll through all of your quiz results until you get to the page that allows you to print your certificate.
- Print that page and/or save it as a PDF so you also have a digital copy.
I need a copy of my certificate for a YCADA course that has already expired. How do I get that?
It's going to take a little longer but it is still possible. Since the course has already expired, you won't be able to reprint your certificate yourself. Please make sure to save a copy of all YCADA training certificates in the future. The last day to download a copy of your certificate is on 12/31 during the year you purchased your course. Once a course expires, these records are archived. However, we can go into the archives and retrieve it for you. In order to obtain a copy of an old certificate, please email email@example.com with “Request for a Copy of My Certificate” in the subject and include your full name that shows on the certificate, year you took and passed the course, the email you used to register for the course, region, league and state. Please allow 1-2 weeks to process your request. We will verify the date you passed, the score you received and we will send that information to your RCDC with a request for a replacement certificate. They will then work with you from there to get you the final copy of your certificate.
I have a question that isn't listed above
No problem! Here's how to get in touch with us for questions in the following areas: